Welcome to the East and Mid Surrey Branch of CAMRA
The East and Mid Surrey branch (formerly the Reigate and Redhill branch) was founded on the 10th August 1975 at the height of the keg revolution. Our inaugural meeting was at the Nutley Hall in Reigate.
We changed our name to become the East and Mid Surrey branch at the 1998 AGM as we thought that described the area we covered better. The boundaries have changed several times, the last time in early 2009. The branch currently stretches over to the Kent border, down to the Sussex Border and across to Alfold. The main towns in the area are Warlingham, Caterham, Oxted, Lingfield, Horley, Redhill, Reigate, Banstead, Dorking and Cranleigh.
Our showcase event and highlight of the branch's calendar, the festival is located in Merstham Village Hall and runs for 3 days in late October/early November every year.
The hall is between Merstham railway station and the bus stop at The Feathers on the A23 (405 bus between Croydon and Redhill) and is less than 150 metres from each.
We aim to have around 65 real ales and 10 ciders on offer along with hot food.
This year we are commemorating Redhill Market Hall 1861-1982.
The next event is :-
27 - 29 October 2022
A map and guide to the pubs and clubs in our branch area that serve real ale.
LocAle is a CAMRA accreditation scheme to promote pubs that sell locally-brewed real ale.
An up to date list of accredited branch pubs is available on our LocAle page.
We also maintain a list of pubs that serve Real Cider and Perry.
News & Ale is the quarterly CAMRA magazine for beer drinkers in Surrey, Kingston-upon-Thames and the Surrey/Hants borders.
Latest Branch News Headlines
We also have a Groups.io group which you can join to share news on real ales, breweries and pubs in the area and receive reminders about meetings and events.
Upcoming Branch Diary Events and Local Beer Festivals
- Virtual Branch Social Wednesday 10 August 2022 20:30 Video Conference online access only
- Bisley Beer Festival Saturday 13 – Sunday 14 August 2022 Lord Roberts Centre, Brookwood
- Virtual Branch Social Wednesday 17 August 2022 20:30 Video Conference online access only
- Dorking & Trailhead Breweries Outing Saturday 20 August 2022 12:00 Dorking (Main) Station
- Branch Meeting Tuesday 23 August 2022 20:00 Plough
- Virtual Branch Social Wednesday 24 August 2022 20:30 Video Conference online access only
- Bank Holiday Beer & Cider Festival Friday 26 – Monday 29 August 2022 Lincoln Arms