Welcome to the East and Mid Surrey Branch of CAMRA
The East and Mid Surrey branch of CAMRA (formerly the Reigate and Redhill branch) was founded on the 10th August 1975 at the height of the keg revolution. Our inaugural meeting was at the Nutley Hall in Reigate.
We changed our name to become the East and Mid Surrey branch at the 1998 AGM as we thought that described the area we covered better. The boundaries have changed several times, the last time in early 2009. The branch currently stretches over to the Kent border, down to the Sussex Border and across to Alfold.
The main towns in the area are Warlingham, Caterham, Oxted, Lingfield, Horley, Redhill, Reigate, Banstead, Dorking and Cranleigh.
TBA Oct/Nov 2024
The festival is held at Merstham Village Hall, which is located between Merstham railway station and the bus stop at The Feathers on the A23 (405 bus between Croydon and Redhill), and is less than 150 metres from each.
We aim to have around 65 real ales and 10 ciders on offer along with hot food.
News & Ale Magazine is the regular CAMRA magazine for beer drinkers in Surrey, Kingston-upon-Thames and the Surrey/Hants borders.
A map and guide to the pubs and clubs in our branch area that serve real ale, and how to score your beer when you get there!
WhatPub is CAMRA's online pub guide with details of over 30,000 pubs nationwide and is constantly updated by volunteers from this and every other CAMRA branch.
LocAle is a CAMRA accreditation scheme to promote pubs that sell locally-brewed real ale.
An up to date list of accredited branch pubs is available on our LocAle page.
We also maintain a list of pubs that serve Real Cider and Perry.
Latest Branch News
- Whyte Harte Re-opens
Thursday 16 November 2023
After a long period of closure, the good news to report is that The Whyte Harte Hotel on the High Street in Bletchingley has now re-opened.
There appears to be up to three real ales available, including one from Pilgrim Brewery.
The venue is well served by bus with Metrobus services 400 and 410 stopping almost outside the door.
- Redhill 2023 Festival Headlines
Sunday 29 October 2023
A big thank you to all those who attended the 2023 Redhill Beer Festival and made it such a success.
We welcomed nearly 900 people through the doors and served around 3,600 pints over the three days of the event.
The joint winners of the Beer of the Festival were Surrey Hills Brewery Collusion XXX and New Bristol Cinder Toffee Stout. The Cider of the Festival was Barnards Surrey Medium Cyder, made in the branch area at Abinger Hammer.
We also raised £811 for our festival charity, St. Catherine’s Hospice.
We also have an ‘X’ (Twitter) account that is updated regularly with all the pub and real ale news from around our branch area.
Upcoming Branch Diary Entries
- Branch Meeting Monday 4 December 2023 20:00 Garland
- Branch Christmas Meal
Saturday 16 December 2023 13:00
Please contact Martin Longhurst for menu and making a booking. Email ku.gro.armac.sme@rerusaert
- First GBG Selection Meeting Tuesday 9 January 2024 19:00 Garland
- Branch Meeting (date TBC) Monday 29 January 2024 20:00 Haycutter
- Branch AGM Tuesday 20 February 2024 20:00 Garland
Local Beer Festivals and Events
- Pig’s Ear Beer Festival Tuesday 28 November – Saturday 2 December 2023 Round Chapel, Hackney
- Phantom Brewery Tap Takeover Saturday 9 December 2023 Cobbett's
- Spring Equinox Beer Festival Friday 22 – Saturday 23 March 2024 Drill Hall, Horsham
- 42nd Egham Beer Festival Thursday 28 – Saturday 30 March 2024 United Services Club, Egham
- Farnham Beerex Thursday 18 – Saturday 20 April 2024 Maltings, Farnham
- Oxted Festival Friday 5 – Sunday 7 July 2024 Master Park, Oxted