Welcome to the East and Mid Surrey Branch of CAMRA
The East and Mid Surrey branch (formerly the Reigate and Redhill branch) was founded on the 10th August 1975 at the height of the keg revolution. Our inaugural meeting was at the Nutley Hall in Reigate.
We changed our name to become the East and Mid Surrey branch at the 1998 AGM as we thought that described the area we covered better. The boundaries have changed several times, the last time in early 2009. The branch currently stretches over to the Kent border, down to the Sussex Border and across to Alfold. The main towns in the area are Warlingham, Caterham, Oxted, Lingfield, Horley, Redhill, Reigate, Banstead, Dorking and Cranleigh.
Our showcase event and highlight of the branch's calendar, the festival is located in Merstham Village Hall and runs for 3 days in late October/early November every year.
The hall is between Merstham railway station and the bus stop at The Feathers on the A23 (405 bus between Croydon and Redhill) and is less than 150 metres from each.
We aim to have around 65 real ales and 10 ciders on offer along with hot food.
The next event is :-
TBA October/November 2021
A guide to the pubs and clubs in our branch area that serve real ale.
LocAle is a CAMRA accreditation scheme to promote pubs that sell locally-brewed real ale. An up to date list of accredited branch pubs is available on our LocAle page.
Check out our COVID-19 Updates page to find out the latest news and how you can continue to help our struggling pubs, clubs and breweries.
News & Ale is the quarterly CAMRA magazine for beer drinkers in Surrey, Kingston-upon-Thames and the Surrey/Hants borders.
- News & Ale 142
Friday 1 May 2020
Latest Branch News Headlines
We also have a Groups.io group which you can join to share news on real ales, breweries and pubs in the area and receive reminders about meetings and events.
Upcoming Branch Diary Events and Local Beer Festivals
- Virtual Branch Meeting Tuesday 19 January 2021 20:30 Video Conference online or by phone
- Virtual Branch Social Wednesday 20 January 2021 20:30 Video Conference online access only
- Virtual Branch Social Wednesday 27 January 2021 20:30 Video Conference online access only
- Virtual Branch Social Wednesday 3 February 2021 20:30 Video Conference online access only
- Virtual Branch Social Wednesday 10 February 2021 20:30 Video Conference online access only
- Virtual Branch AGM Tuesday 16 February 2021 20:00 Video Conference online or by phone
- Virtual Branch Social Wednesday 17 February 2021 20:30 Video Conference online access only